Brrr...it’s starting to get chilly out! Good thing this recipe is full of spices that are sure to bring the heat and warm you up quickly. KRAVE Jerky can replace ground beef or turkey in any chili recipe, but we had to share our special chili recipe below with you.
- Vegetable Oil 1 Tablespoon
- Red Onion – chopped 1 Large
- Yellow Onion – chopped 1 Large
- Garlic Cloves – minced 6
- Tomato Paste 1 (6oz) Can
- Chili Powder 3 Tablespoons
- Ground Cinnamon ½ Teaspoon
- KRAVE Garlic Chili Pepper Beef Jerky – chopped 2-3 3.25oz Bags
- Diced Tomatoes in Juice 3 (14.5oz) Cans
- Lager Beer 1 (12oz) Bottle
- Kidney Beans – rinsed and drained 2 (14.5oz) Cans
- Coarse Salt & Ground Pepper
- *Optional - Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt, Chopped Scallions
- In a Dutch oven or large (5-quart) heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, chili powder, chipotles, and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, until mixture has begun to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add KRAVE Jerky and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, beer, and beans. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a rapid simmer. Cook over medium heat until chili has thickened slightly and beans are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Dollop with sour cream or Plain Greek yogurt and top with scallions - if desired!