Quinoa is healthy, fun in texture and a great base for salads and side dishes. You can really mix it up with anything and end up with something delicious. Don’t have quinoa? Substitute with rice, faro or another grain of your choice!
- Uncooked Quinoa 1 Cup
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes – halved 1 Basket
- Ripe Avocado - sliced 1
- Japanese Eggplant (or other "mild" varietal) - diced 1
- Chili Flakes
- Red Curry
- Fresh Parsley – rough chopped
- Fresh Cilantro – rough chopped
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Lemon juice (from one lemon)
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- KRAVE Chili Lime Beef Jerky – diced into small strips or pieces 1 3.25oz Bag
- Rinse quinoa and prepare according to directions on package.
- While quinoa is cooking, slice cherry tomatoes in half, rough chop parsley and cilantro, slice avocado and combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then "dress" with olive oil and red wine vinegar using a 2:1 ratio.
- Add a dollop of red curry paste and some chili flakes to taste...remember, cooking is about what you like, so add a little bit of these two ingredients, taste, then add more if you'd like!
- Toss all of this like a salad, making sure all the seasoning is evenly distributed. Set mixture in the fridge to macerate.
- Dice eggplant into 1/2 inch cubes and set in a colander or fine-mesh sieve. Sprinkle with salt and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes or so. Squeeze out the eggplant to reduce all excess moisture then heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Pan sauté the eggplant until brown, then season with a small amount of salt at the end.
- Slice or dice your favorite flavor of KRAVE if you have not already!
- Once the quinoa and eggplant are finished cooking, combine with the tomato/avocado mixture and the jerky of your choice!
- Finish with more fresh herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.